Sunday, September 1, 2013

Stadtfest

 Hey

I know I didn't write on Friday, but everyone has this moment of lazyness sometimes and I didn't have much to write either ;)

Last weekend was quiet. Host-dad showed me a bit around, where to spend spare time and where tourists come together. Also went to one little market, mostly handcrafting, where my host-mom was selling her things. Main building was on museum and we also could try with our host-sis, how to milk a "cow", like old times.

Me
Host-sis


 Schoolweek was also quiet. Talking for with my classmates and teachers ask me for questions and take part in discussions. In Estonia, wouldn't be so happy over it, but here it's nice to be part of the class.

This weekend we have something called "Stadfest" in Meppen. Like germans, good food, loud music and beer. But about Saturday, me and host-sis got up at 9 and went to gym, got back after midday and went to eat fish. At the moment Stadtfest wasnt going on so much.. The most got my attention this man, took a pic and also gave him little spare money i had. On the way back we went through one shop and got some good things.

For example we bought these (on the pictures down the text), hadn't tried them before. Host-sis was so helpful that thaught me right way to eat them. You take one, so waffle side is in ur hand and then you smash it against your forhead so chocolate crack a little and then you eat it. It was funny to do :D
Second thing my host-sis thaught me was how to eat melon right, as a german. You take piece of melon, put it in your mouth and bite some ham on it. Wasn't so bad, like.. salty and sweet at the same time.

Stadfest parkingloy looks like this, only bikes. There is already too many of them, but now there was even more!


Elections are coming and this is how one of the posters looked like on Stadfest night about Merkel. I took a picture and put it up here, because host-sis said, it's a part of their culture, being able to make fun of the history. Mein reich should mean something like: My empire
Liese
A friend
Heinrich
To end this post, some pictures of our pets. Two first ones are those, whole family knows about.

Have a nice new week! And to all those who go to school tomorrow, nice school year!
Enel

No comments:

Post a Comment